hacking screen: scrollback to file

From: kynn
Subject: hacking screen: scrollback to file
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:37:23 -0500 (EST)

I'd like to modify screen so that the contents that normally go to the
scrollback buffer are also automatically saved to a file (one such
file per screen window).  Something similar to the hardcopy command,
except that instead of saving only what's visible in a window at the
time of executing hardcopy, the entire interaction is continuously
saved to a file without any prompting from the user.

Also, I'd like to save the interaction verbatim (including special
effects, such as bold, color, underlines, etc.), although this
requirement is very secondary.

How difficult would it be to modify the screen source code to do this?
And could someone clue me in to where in the source I'd have to go to
add this functionality?

Thanks!

kynn