Re: hacking screen: scrollback to file

From: kynn
Subject: Re: hacking screen: scrollback to file
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:07:57 -0500 (EST)

   Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:12:18 -0500
   From: Phil!Gregory <address@hidden>

   * address@hidden <address@hidden> [2004-12-18 15:37 -0500]:
   > I'd like to modify screen so that the contents that normally go to the
   > scrollback buffer are also automatically saved to a file (one such
   > file per screen window).

   screen does this.  Just issue the screen command 'log on' for each window
   that you want to save.  If you want to save all of them by default, put
   'deflog on' in your .screenrc.

   > Also, I'd like to save the interaction verbatim (including special
   > effects, such as bold, color, underlines, etc.), although this
   > requirement is very secondary.

   'log' also does all of this.

<rave>
I'm literally in awe at a how cool screen is.  It's been a long time
since I came across such an amazing piece of software.
</rave>

Thanks for the heads-up.

kj