Re: mouse support

From: Stephane Chazelas
Subject: Re: mouse support
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:55:31 +0000

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 01:56:41PM -0500, Raymond Page wrote:
> I just tested mc with xterm and xterm+screen.  Seems that mouse
> support is busted in the later combination.
[...]

It looks like mc checks wether $TERM is xterm or xterm-like to
enable the mouse support instead of checking for kmous in the
terminfo entry.

You can try with mc -x.

Or you can create a terminfo entry for a terminal named
"xterm-screen" as a copy of screen.xterm-xfree86. (using
infocmp, tic...) and run screen -T xterm-screen. Then, mc would
recognize that as a kind of xterm and enable the mouse support.

--
Stéphane