Re: shelltitle, window titling

From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
Subject: Re: shelltitle, window titling
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:21:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Aaron Griffin wrote:

On 8/25/05, Dan Mahoney, System Admin <address@hidden> wrote:
My question is this:

Is there any way to have command options included for certain commands?

i.e. to have some sort of script or regex look allow me to have
ssh:address@hidden, or irc:irc.freenode.net

I use bash, and am not too familiar with tcsh stuff, but I made myself
a script to and added it to PROMPT_COMMAND='$HOME/bin/currentdir'

Well, my prompt for tcsh just puts out [esc]k[esc] etc. FreeBSD's csh is actually tcsh, it saves me from having to embed escape codes in my .cshrc.

What does your script do?

I know someone who did something like this is zsh - I've been meaning
to ask him, but I know his screen displays "vim:/file/I/am/editing"
... maybe some version of ps? I guess it could be done if there's a
command called *right before* a command is executed... other than
that, besides aliasing each command, I don't know how...

Well, looking at ps, it's pretty easy to figure out what the last argument is to a given command (nine times out of ten, that's going to be all that matters -- ssh -1 -l danm hostname, nano -w filename...) I just don't know how to pass that to screen, or how screen even "gets" the command by that sequence of escapes in the shell.

And is this "zsh" person on the list?

-Dan

--

"One...plus two...plus one...plus one."