Re: Can a program create a new window ?

From: Will Maier
Subject: Re: Can a program create a new window ?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:45:36 -0600

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 07:06:30PM +0100, Nicolas Vigier wrote:
> When I am using a textmode program such as mutt or slrn, it often happens
> that while I started answering a message, I want to come back to the
> message list and display the message I'm answering (or an other one),
> but I don't want to lose the message I started writting.

While you seem to be looking for a more general solution, you can
postpone messages in mutt to achieve the same effect. My $EDITOR is
Vim, so I simply ':wq' while composing a response, then postpone the
message (usually bound to 'P'). When I'm done reading other
messages, I resume the message ('R'), and being composing again.

Still, your screen-based solution sounds interesting. Good luck!

--

[Will address@hidden/address@hidden