Re: New screen features available

From: Phil!Gregory
Subject: Re: New screen features available
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:40:50 -0500

* Michael Schroeder <address@hidden> [2007-02-06 23:34 +0100]:
> you probably wonder why the new version of screen is not already
> available. Well, it got delayed a bit because of a couple of new
> features I've added.

Thank you.  The work is appreciated.

> - vertical split, complete with resizing

I'll compile and play with the new code a bit later tonight to see how the
new vertical splits work with 'focus up' and 'focus down', but do you have
plans to add 'focus left' and 'focus right'?

> - window groups

I think I can already see uses for this.  (I have too many screen
windows.  :)

> - layouts

Likewise, especially with the vertical splits.

> You probably have a lot of suggestions and enhancement requests.

I'd like, at least, to get an official response on whether you'd like to
include my patch to add RFC 1345 digraphs to the 'digraph' command.

  http://aperiodic.net/phil/screen/screen-rfc1345-digraph.patch

Again, thank you.

--- --
Do not underestimate the value of print statements for debugging.
Don't have aesthetic convulsions when using them, either.