Re: [Fwd: Re: New screen features available]

From: Brian Mathis
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: New screen features available]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:46:15 -0500

Will Maier wrote:
On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 11:02:50AM -0500, Brian Mathis wrote:

This would be useful with things like running "top" on a wide screen LCD.
I'm lucky enough to have a pivoting LCD and a Linux distro that make it
easy to use, but I think think this solves the problem for the masses.
The problem is this:  We have these wide screen displays that are great
for movies, but suck for documents.  How do we (best) use them as shell
terminals?

Tiling window managers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiling_window_manager

You realize that this is the SCREEN mailing list?  You know, the program that handles TEXT BASED multiplexing?  A window manager does not at all solve the problem, no matter if you're using X or Windows.

Your response in completely out of context and has no relationship to screen or it's typical usage scenario.