Mailing list irritations

From: leslie . polzer
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:30:32 +0100

The current way the mailing lists are displayed on the web site is quite
misleading.  There's a direct link to the archives, but not to the
information summary.  Instead there's the address to send mails to the
list besides, making the users believe that they can just send mails
without being subscribed.  Well, I did it twice and wondered why my
mails did not arrive.

  Suggestion: make it more obvious how things are.  Put a short sentence
below saying that one can't post without subscribing, and either link
directly to the mailing lists' summary page OR to the Savannah "Mailing
Lists" page.

  Leslie