I think I have removed myself from the acl of the multiuser screen on tt

From: Richard Bronosky
Subject: I think I have removed myself from the acl of the multiuser screen on ttyp1 ARG!
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:01:19 -0000

I have:
address@hidden::~% screen -ls
There is a screen on:
       57346.ttyp1.box   (Multi, attached)
1 Socket in /tmp/screens/S-bronosky.

I can attach to it with:
address@hidden::~% screen -x

I see (in my nifty hardstatus) that I have windows 0 and 1, but it
puts me in "-*" with no shell.  Every single command I try gives me
something like:
: detach: permission denied (user bronosky)
: colon: permission denied (user bronosky)
: help: permission denied (user bronosky)

... or something like:
: reset: window required
: kill: window required

I don't care about recovering the screen, windows, or shells.  I just
want to release ttyp1  I've kill every job running on ttyp1 and tried
moving /tmp/screens/S-bronosky/57346.ttyp1.box to /tmp/blah but screen
-x still found the hung screen.  So I moved the file back.

I tried doing a few tricks as root too, but screen doesn't care how
powerful the user is.  It's quite stubborned.

I'm at a loss.  Ideas?  (I can't reboot the box, even though that
would probably fix it.)

--
.!# RichardBronosky #!.