RE: Detached screens disappear - help debugging?

From: Leinartas, Michael
Subject: RE: Detached screens disappear - help debugging?
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:08:55 -0600

My screen sockets are actually in /var/run/screen/S-<user>/

I can't find anything that would be clearing it (checked crons, logrotate,
etc).  When these screens disappear, both the SCREEN process and the socket are
gone. It seems almost like screen shuts itself down for some reason. If it were
shutting down uncleanly (say a crash or a kill -9) it'd leave behind a socket,
right?