Save/restore terminal

From: Jeenu V
Subject: Save/restore terminal
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:07:27 +0530

Hi,

Ever since I started using GNU screen, I've seen the behavior that
screen doesn't save and restore terminal state when launching programs
(if it isn't clear from my description, what I meant is if I were to
view a man page from a screen window, the contents remain in screen
window and in scroll back buffer even if I quit man program), and I
found it useful. But suddenly my screen windows started doing
save/restore (i.e. the behavior when launching those programs from a
normal shell). I don't recall if and what I changed in the terminal or
screen. Is there option by which screen's save/restore behavior can be
altered?

--
Jeenu