Re: Save/restore terminal

From: Jeenu V
Subject: Re: Save/restore terminal
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:47:40 +0530

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Mandar Mitra <address@hidden> wrote:
>> found it useful. But suddenly my screen windows started doing
>> save/restore (i.e. the behavior when launching those programs from a
>> normal shell). I don't recall if and what I changed in the terminal or
>> screen. Is there option by which screen's save/restore behavior can be
>> altered?
>
> Does putting "altscreen off" in your .screenrc help?

Yes, I fount it out bit later; and I now recall messing around with
that option while reading screen man page. Since I had no idea what
'alternate screen' meant, I didn't know what I was doing then.

Maybe it's worth putting in the man page that alternate screen means
terminal save/restore. It'd be helpful for unwary, like me then.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Jeenu