Re: screen on arm-x19 device (QNAP TS-110)

From: Thomas Käfer
Subject: Re: screen on arm-x19 device (QNAP TS-110)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:03:29 +0200

Okey now since i've found
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/screen-users/2005-03/msg00045.html
I've looked at my environment variables, and I found that the variable
TERM is set to xterm. So I tried to delete it by exporting an empty
value to it, and now when trying to start a screen session i get the
error: "Please set a terminal type." I also tried to set the term
variable to "vt100" and then i get the error "Cannot find terminfo
entry for 'vt100'."

So how can I get valid terminfo entries for any term, or which other
terminal could i try?