Screen not loading at all in os x 10.6

From: Errer
Subject: Screen not loading at all in os x 10.6
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 05:25:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Strange issue here...I can no longer run screen on OS X, when I type
"screen" at the command line it does nothing, and then only a Ctrl+z and
then killall screen will end the process. I have OS X 10.6.8, I have tried
both the default screen install at /usr/bin and the MacPorts version, which
are both Screen 4.0.3. screen -ls shows no sockets found, and a restart does
not fix the problem. I've tried reinstalling screen from macports to no
avail.

Help!