screen "name" ???

From: t1jump
Subject: screen "name" ???
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 06:53:29 -0700 (PDT)

I am using screen on a remote device (BeagleBone) through my Ubuntu PC. I
enter a screen session through the Ubuntu Gnome terminal (screen
/dev/ttyUSB1 115200). Once on the BeagleBone I start a screen session and
try to name a screen (screen -S 1) which I thought would create a screen
named "1". I start a second screen (screen -S 2). Now when I try to get to
screen 1 and I (screen -r 1) I get a message there is no screen with name
"1".

If I (screen -ls) I see two attached sessions but they have numbers like
790.1 and 3256.2. What am I missing here to get screen names as I set them?