Re: open fifo xxx: No such device or address

From: Alvaro Martínez
Subject: Re: open fifo xxx: No such device or address
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:53:37 -0300

Thanks for your help!
Since the whole root is over NFS, it is not possible that the FS is
mounted as nodev, otherwise the device files inside /dev wouldn't
work.
But I created a mount point to hold screen fifos, and it worked flawlessly.
It never occurred to me to try that, it was the simplest possible
solution knowing the problem must had been in the change to NFS.

Regards