Re: screen height issue

From: David T. Pierson
Subject: Re: screen height issue
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:38:37 -0400

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:10:38PM +0000, Michael Grant wrote:
> I use screen on bsd and debian through putty.  On the freebsd system (which
> is quite old), I can use the scroll bar in the window.  On the debian
> system, screen itself seems to manage the lines off the top of the putty
> window, I can't use the scrollbar.

I use this in my .screenrc:

termcapinfo xterm* ti@:te@

I think this basically tells screen not to use the terminal's "alternate
screen".  You can still have screen emulate the "alternate screen"
though.  I also put this in my .screenrc:

altscreen on

Note none of this will help with the problem you described when
switching between the windows within screen.

David