Re: screen height issue

From: Jim Mahood
Subject: Re: screen height issue
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 17:50:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014, Michael Grant wrote:

Yes I'm aware of this.   But what would be cool is if the scrollbar could be
somehow linked to the scrolling in copy mode.

One thing I can imagine is just filling the of screen lines each time one
changes screens.   This would of course create extra flicker as lines scrolled
by.

I have a script that does this bound to a key.

It would be nice if those lines could be filled offscreen somehow.   As in
first the visible area was redrawn then the copy area so the user might not
notice.

I don't think that putty's scrollbar action is going to send anything downstream to the session, but you could potentially detect/hook keystrokes or mouse usage with the right libraries. If you already have a key bound to enter copy mode, why does the putty scrollbar still matter to you?

I can't see a lot of people wanting something like this -- it would mean sending a potentially-large amount of data down the wire every time you switch windows.