self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] inviting more comments on accessibility.

From: krishnakant Mane
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] inviting more comments on accessibility.
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:32:35 +0530

hello to all "selfish" knowledge sharing people.
I am working out the accessibility specifications and creating a
document for our UI designers containing all the changes they would do
to make the self platform completely accessible.
since we have not used all the plone templates as is and modified it
to a great extent, we are not going to get the out of the box
accessibility which plone provides.
however that in no way would hinder the accessibility implementation of self.
while the work I am doing is on the wcag specifications and the
accessibility features in plone, I expect some more feedback from a
semi technical perspective and more oriented towards problems faced by
handicap people excluding blind computer users because I have the
advantage of being differently sited myself.
so I can address the issues for blind people.  for example we will put
shortcut keys whereever possible and more so for the links which are
actually images.
alt text will be provided for all links and I will soon post the
technical changes to be done for the places where css is or will be
used.
but as I said above my work is currently focused on the issues of
visually handicap, so I invite more on accessibility regarding other
kinds of handicap.
regards,
Krishnakant.
"be selfish, share your knowledge ".