self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Installation and testing of the SELF Platform

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Installation and testing of the SELF Platform
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:19:09 +0100

Dear all,

I know that the development team is doing a tremendous work of getting the SELF Platform migrated to the Postgres database and include things like version management.

With several people we are trying to find out how the system works and what kind of difficulties we encounter when installing it on a server. For that reason I have a three main questions that I hope you can answer on this list.

1. where do we find the latest version of the software?

2. where can we find instructions for the installation, dependencies as well as for understanding the modules and components of the system?

3. what can we do to make the development and use of the software more accessible to other people?

4. as we are waiting for the new version of the platform to be integrated with the UI templates, we should prepare for testing. We have a preliminary list of Test Cases, see the SELF-Test section [1], which should be developed. Who is able to help with this?

[1] http://selfproject.eu/en/SELFTest

I look forward to your answers.

Best,

Wouter