self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Re: SCORM expert

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Re: SCORM expert
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:28:17 +0100

Dear SELF-DEV team, dear Francesc,

I'd like to introduce Francesc to the list. Francesc works with the UOC on the virtual campus team and is gonna help us to test the SCORM import & export.

Francesc, I would be glad if you could post your questions on this list, so we can follow with the whole team what the issues are that you may encounter. And we'd be much quicker in responding to it. Here's our project page at Savannah: http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/self-platform

As you might know we have differnt stages of platform development. The production server is running a beta of SELF platform [0] and we're testing out the newer version on local machines. However, I understand that the SCORM import script is updated to the latest version in all of them. Is that right, Nagarjuna?

I have performed a few quick tests this morning on the beta.self [0] and was able to import a scorm object [1] which is in Spanish (Introducción al Software Libre). The import went slow, which is to be solved later, but resulted in an imported learning object, see [2]. Observations on the imported LO: * the title is not rendered well in the Course Collection page [3]: "Introducción al software libre"
instead of: "Introducción al software libre"
* the rendering of special characters seems to work well in the text inside the LO * page breaks render ugly. This might be something we could change in the Atutor, where we constructed this LO. It seems to have <br> instead of <p>. Can anyone confirm if this is correct and can be solved?

I also tried the other SCORM object at [1] (Desarollo Applicaciones Web), and it did result in a similar import.

More test LO's are waiting for us at: [4] :)

Francesc I hope you can help us and don't hesitate to ask for more info on this list!

Thanks,

Wouter

[0] beta.selfplatform.eu
[1] http://selfproject.eu/nl/node/447
[2] http://beta.selfplatform.eu/selfbeta/Members/wouter/course2104/course_manage [3] http://beta.selfplatform.eu/selfbeta/CourseCategory/ go to: collection: "Imported courses" and look for the mentioned title (right now at the bottom).
[4] http://atutor.selfproject.eu/browse.php