self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Re: SCORM expert

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Re: SCORM expert
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:32:48 +0530

On Feb 1, 2008 5:58 PM, Wouter Tebbens <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear SELF-DEV team, dear Francesc,
>
> I'd like to introduce Francesc to the list. Francesc works with the UOC
> on the virtual campus team and is gonna help us to test the SCORM import
> & export.
>
> Francesc, I would be glad if you could post your questions on this list,
> so we can follow with the whole team what the issues are that you may
> encounter. And we'd be much quicker in responding to it.
> Here's our project page at Savannah:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/self-platform
>
> As you might know we have differnt stages of platform development. The
> production server is running a beta of SELF platform [0] and we're
> testing out the newer version on local machines. However, I understand
> that the SCORM import script is updated to the latest version in all of
> them. Is that right, Nagarjuna?

The new version that with improved storage does not have any import
script.  Actually it does not need much modification. Most important
modifications are done in the wrapper level (control layer of MVC).
Therefore the script does not need much modification.

To let everyone know where we are regarding the importe  / export:

1. we have a complete conformance to older version of SCORM for both
   import and export.

2. SCORM 2004 compliance:

   - while importing we are collecting only the metadata grouped under
     Manifest, neglecting LOM and Sequencing metadata.
   - while exporting we do generate LOM if such a data exists in the
     knowledge base.
   - ATutor does not have LOM and not much sequencing metadata so for
     the time being it is fine.
3. we need to add a progress bar while importing the courses.
4. documenting the code is also required.

so the status is 1 is completed, 3 is very easy to do, so will be
done in the coming weeks, and 4 is also not difficult is already being
done by Divya, the person who did the entire import/export project
under my guidance.

If you have any more questions, do let us know.

Nagarjuna