self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Some questions

From: matiasb
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Some questions
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:34:22 -0200 (ARST)

Hi folks,
I am Matías Bordese, and I was asked by the Self people to take a look and
try the Self Platform products.
I spent some time installing and configuring the products (as described in
http://www.nongnu.org/self-platform/ and
http://trac.gnowledge.org/trac/wiki/SelfInstallation) and I finally got it
to work (I had some problems with gnowsys and localfs versions, and with
GNOWSYSArchetypes that didn't get installed if the user was different from
'admin').
After using a little the platform, I had some questions. I wanted to add a
course to shelf, but my user doesn't seem to have a shelf (the addToShelf
script fails when trying to get the shelfId with getNeighbourhood (it
returns [[]])). Is there something that should be done to give a shelf to
a user? I also have some issue with the getCourses script. It returns no
courses for any category, although the courses exists.
In the other hand I understand that the product is being migrated to use a
postgres db instead of the ZODB. That functionality is (fully?)
implemented in the selfApp last sources, but not integrated in the
interface that still manages everything in the ZODB, right?
That's all for now. I would probably have some more questions, is this the
correct place to ask them? Thanks.
Regards,
Matías.

PS: I'm using self-platform-0.1, gnowsys-09 and selfApp from the CVS sources.