self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] organizer authorship

From: Federico Heinz
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] organizer authorship
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:12:25 -0200

On 27/02/2008, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> When an author contributes by making changes to the organizer, he/she
> is defining the seuqence of lessons.  this is a useful contribution.
> we are recording on the course object the change.  Therefore we need
> to specify, where on the UI we acknowledge the display of the author
> who did the reorganization.

Well... in the same place where we display the name of the version we are
currently looking at?

This also places a rather tough question as to how to compute this contribution
to that of authors who contribute text. I don't think there is a meaningful way
to combine them. For the time being, I guess it is best just to take just
textual contributions into account when computing ratings. I realize this is
far from perfect, but I can't figure out a better way.

        Fede