self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] organizer authorship

From: Federico Heinz
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] organizer authorship
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:19:31 -0200

On 28/02/2008, Nagarjuna G. wrote:
> placing things in order is no mean task.

I agree that it is not. So is deleting superfluous text from articles, and we
are not taking that into account either, because we couldn't figure out a
meaningful way to compute the contribution it represents. I can't think of a
meaningful way to compute the percentual contribution of someone who rearranges
stuff. This doesn't mean that there isn't such a way: if anybody in the list
can think of one, I'd be delighthed to read about it, and maybe we can think of
a good way some time later. All I'm suggesting is leaving that activity unrated
for now, until we can figure out how to rate it.

> I expect that most active and useful contribution in the self platform
> will be manual harvesting and sequencing and grouping the content.  If
> this is not taken into rating, what could be the motivation for
> contributors to spend time manually harvesting copyleft content and
> present it for consumption.

There still is motivation in the ability to use the product, so while it would
be best if we took this activity into account for ratings, not taking it into
account until we figure out a sensible way of doing it might be acceptable.

        Fede