self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Fwd: [bug #22392] Unselectable items in the version

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Fwd: [bug #22392] Unselectable items in the version tree
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:01:45 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nagarjuna G. <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 8:54 PM
To: Federico Heinz <address@hidden>, "Nagarjuna G." <address@hidden>

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #22392 (project self-platform):

In a collaborative environment, particularly when there are thousands of
users, it is very useful to know if there are others who are like me
interested in the same topic, who are like me willing to work on the same
learning object.  Take the example of a google document, where several users
collaboratively editing the same.

Also in community portals, it is important to know, if there are others who
are currently logged in, etc.  This allows the possibility of knowing,
networking, meeting them in a jabber room etc.

I personally would like to give indications to others that some one is
working.

However, what you are saying is good, if not knowing is an incentive of a
sort.  Does this help people to collaborate more vigorously than in case where
they know that someone is working.

 <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22392>

 Message sent via/by Savannah
 http://savannah.nongnu.org/