[Simulavr-devel] doxygen config

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] doxygen config
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:31:34 -0700 (MST)

Howdy,

I've downloaded and installed doxygen. After playing with it for a few
minutes, I see that it is configurable to my tastes. To that end, I'm
going to officially bless it's addition to the project.

I'd still prefer to have the inline docs in the .c files just before the
public functions are defined. I think it's just more convenient to have
the docs with the code instead of code in one file, docs in another. Of
course, I'm not against having some docu in the headers if that's where it
must go.

The texinfo files should still be included, but should only document the
end user interfaces. The details about internals will be handled via
doxygen. There might have to be some overlap (or cross references) when it
comes time to document a plugin interface for external devices since that
would be end user and internal developer information (take with grain of
salt, since this is just a off the cuff thought).

Attached is a first draft of a doxygen config file to be placed in the doc
directory of theproject. It should be integrated into the autoconf system
so that @VERSION@ is replaced with the current version number of the
system. Since Reinhard is already cleaning up the documentation build
system, I'll politely ask him to perform the integration and send me a
patch.

I don't want doxygen to document every detail of every file. A newbie
developer should not be overloaded with too much information, just enough
to get them going. Right now, I think that the public fucntions in each
module are a good starting point for documentation. From there, we can
document more or less with doxygen as needed.

Comments? Feel free to flame me.

Ted