[Simulavr-devel] Project Management (was Problem with gdb (not simulavr)

From: Tak Auyeung
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Project Management (was Problem with gdb (not simulavr) (disassemble))
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:39:41 -0800

I can completely understand Ted's concern about code quality before integrating it. Maybe we can exploit CVS and use branches to isolate changes. Then we'll only merge branches to the main trunk after they are well tested separately. This way, others can contribute to a branch even when it is not quite ready to be merged to the trunk.

As to trying to make changes on to avr-tdep.c, I think changes should be made where they belong. If gdb core code has a bug, fix it in gdb core code. The previously mentioned problem (of using builtin_type_void_data_ptr instead of builtin_type_void_func_ptr) is a bug in the gdb core code and it can affect all pure harvard architecture platforms.

Ted, my userid at savannah is tauyeung, I'd be glad to be added to the developers so I can use a common CVS to track my changes. At the same time, others can look at the changes easily and help me out when I am stuck, or make suggestions when I am heading the wrong way. With branching, my changes should have no impact on the trunk until you decide the branch is mature enough to be merged.

Let me know if I am off base here!

--Tak