Re: [Simulavr-devel] build patch

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] build patch
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:11:23 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, address@hidden wrote:

:)On Sat, 05 Jan 2002, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)>
:)> I've taken Reinhard's build fixes and merged them. I did change a few
:)> things though. I haven't check this in yet in case anyone finds problems
:)> with it.
:)I got the patch with CR,LF line endings? Have you sent it like this?
:)I did a dos2unix befor I patched the SW.

I have no idea how that happened. I don't use CR,LF.

:)I had problems with the new avr-ld command it exits with the following error:
:)  test_blink.asm:15: undefined reference to `MAIN'
:)
:)Why you haven't discoverd this error with your avr_ld?
:)
:)I have a MAIN line in the elf file. Here is the output of avr-objdump
:)  00000000         *UND*  00000000 MAIN
:)and also a relocation
:)  00000000 R_AVR_13_PCREL    MAIN
:)
:)So avr-ld complains correctly.

I did catch it. I think I fixed it and checked it in before I made the
patch, thus it didn't get in the patch. Sorry. It will be in the all
inclusion 13-pre3 I'll send out on sunday.

:)
:)Then I have changed all labels (two) in test_blink.asm to capital letters,
:)because in all other asm files they are in capital letters.

That's what I did too.

:)I hope the gdb patch is also ready until this date. If so, you could add it to
:)the 0.0.13 package.

I'm still waiting on Tak. If he doesn't send me the new patch, I'll try to
clean up what I've got.

:)
:)> Simulavr is really starting to solidify. Once the gdb interface and build
:)> systems are rock solid, I'll have to bump it up to 0.1.0. I'm thinking
:)> that the 0.1 goal should be working on adding the missing simulation
:)> features.
:)Yes, we should start with this!
:)I have already started to think about the external interface requirements.

One other thing before 0.1: I will clean up the zombie issues with disp.

Ted