Re: [Simulavr-devel] gdb-5.1-avr-patch-0.0-pre8 or simulavr Bugreport

From: reinhard . jessich
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] gdb-5.1-avr-patch-0.0-pre8 or simulavr Bugreport
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:31:19 +0100

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> I think I have a fix for this now. Try the latest cvs and let me know how
> it works.
>
> Hitting Ctrl-C in gdb while stepping on an infinite loop should now cause
> the simulator to send gdb a SIGINT reply. This is identical to what
> happens with a native program on my linux box.
Yes it works, but I think it doesn't what it sould do.
I have entered a step command so I think it should execute one step and then
break.
Disassembling of the current PC (after pressing <cntr-c>) shows
0x7a <main+36>: nop
0x7c <main+38>: rjmp    .-2             ; 0x7c
PC is 0x7c (tested with "i reg").

gdb sends "$s#73", but simulavr doesn't break after the next instruction. In
case of the demo.c program this is the rjump at 0x7c.

Reinhard

--
 Ing. Reinhard Jessich              mailto: address@hidden
 A-1190 Vienna, Goergengasse 2/2/1  phone: +43/1/3692600