Re: [Simulavr-devel] Unable do build SimulAVR

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Unable do build SimulAVR
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:23:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Marko Panger wrote:

> As Ted suggested I have installed flex and everything started to work.

Ahh, that would explain the problem you were having. ;-)

> Sorry, but I am still a newbie in Linux world (since I have no more
> Windows on my PC...:)) ) and it seems everyday I learn something new. Nice !

There's plenty to learn with Linux. I've been using it since 1994 and
still don't know diddly. 8-)

If you are going to be writing unix software on linux, I highly
recommend these two books:

 1: "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment" by W. Richard
    Stevens. Big and a little pricey, but worth the money.

 2: "Linux Application Development" by Michael K. Johnson and Erik W.
    Troan.

Of the two, I tend to go to Stevens first for most info.

Ted Roth