Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: Simulavr / clock

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Re: Simulavr / clock
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:21:40 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Keith Gudger wrote:

> Ted:
>
> I really meant the first one.  That's in gdb, I see.

Just to clarify, when I say gdb, I'm talking about The source for GNU
gdb as a separate program from simulavr. All information passed from
simulavr to gdb goes through gdb's remote serial protocol (RSP) which
has some constraints as to what gets sent.

When you give gdb the 'p $r21' command, it will send a RSP packet to
simulavr asking for the value of register 21. Gdb explicitly knows about
r0-r31, SREG, PC and SP.

Gdb doesn't know anything about io registers unless the target (simulavr
or avarice) can tell it about them (thus providing the 'info
io_registers' command which is avr specific).

> Is gdb where "avr_core_CK_get()" resides, too?

No. That's a simulavr function which gdb doesn't know anything about.

> I think I understand now, so I'll leave everything as it is....

Hope the clears things up a bit more.

Ted Roth