[Simulavr-devel] [Fwd: Build of simulavrxx on M$/cygwin]

From: Bill
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] [Fwd: Build of simulavrxx on M$/cygwin]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:29:37 -0500

I got a report on --with-bfd-path doesn't work...

This is being worked and should be corrected shortly.

Bill,

Last night I've build the binutils 2.15 in a way that the libbfd could
be install. The installation place is "d:/WinAVR/mingw/avr". Below this directory there is an include and a lib directory. I'm not sure if you know cygwin path strategies but you could either use DOS naming conventions (as shown above) or a "/cygdrive/d/WinAVR..." naming. Sometime the first works, sometime the second one. I've tried both and none is working :-(. Have you ever tested the --with-bfd-path? I've looked through the configure file and I don't understand how it could work.
Cheers

Knut

Thanks Knut. Youre log of the commands you used and their output,
along with the resulting configure script were perfect!