[Simulavr-devel] Problems building simulavr .....

From: chris pitcher
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Problems building simulavr .....
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:06:30 +1030

Hi

I ran into a build failure when making simulavr; I attach the relevant
sections from the configure and the make .  ( The swig problem I can probably
sort out eventually, but the make error stops the show.)

I dug around a bit in the fdb.h file , and found two macros to give the object
size, one raw and one cooked . I had ideas of trying a patch to see what
effect it had, but decided I didn't know enough about the software to start
hacking. So it goes on the back burner for now.

Which is a pity, as I use acr-gcc a fair bit, and it would be nice to pass
code through a simulator before flashing , particularly for those odd
occasions when the chip just sits there and does nothing ...... I do get that
a bit from time to time ...:-)

The system I'm trying to build on is Slackware 10.2 , the binutils version is
2.15 and I am still using avr-libc 1.2.5 . ( I'm trying to make up my mind
whether to upgrade to 1.4.3 .... the older version is doing the job, so, as
they say , if it ain't broke don't fix it ...)

All of which may be seen as  spam at your end. I always feel somewhat guilty
contacting oss developers with problems, as I never feel I'm pulling my
weight. I probably should spend more time debugging myself. But then , I
don't have enough time as it is, so probably nothing would get done anyway.

So, if it seems best to you, delete all above and I'll wait for the next
release.

Thanks for the work you have put in.

Best wishes

chris pitcher