Re: [Simulavr-devel] More trouble with new auto* infrastructure

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] More trouble with new auto* infrastructure
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:05:13 +0100

Hi,

Second, there's really no need in insisting on an *AVR specific* build
of binutils, at least not under Linux.

You are right if you use the same version of binutils for avr and the rest of your linux installation.

On my personal system I installed binutils/gcc etc from the distribution CD and the binutils/avr-gcc from source which results in different versions of binutils which means different versions of bfd.h. And compiling with a non compatible header will result in any kind of errors.

Simply thats the reason simulavr build system accepts different libbfd versions.

Regards
 Klaus