Re: [Simulavr-devel] More trouble with new auto* infrastructure

From: William Rivet
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] More trouble with new auto* infrastructure
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:50:03 -0500

I went by what I got on my system. Not "right" I know.

I still want to check that it looks like a libbfd was found that might
work...

Ok, my proposed correction:

1.) I'll make a change to allow the path to the library to be given and
used wherever it is. Then to locate the include file I'll just
use ../include/ to include bfd.h
2.) I'll look into perhaps using "whatever libbfd" is available from the
system

Now I get to the harder part. What kind of simplistic check can I make
during compile that a compatable libbfd has been found?  I would like
this to fail to compile if libbfd is not right and give the user hints
right away rather than make them wait for the full build to fail.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Bill