Re: [Simulavr-devel] connecting pins

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] connecting pins
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 23:36:32 +0200

> If I find it, I'll still need to know how to connect tcl to simulavrxx.
The example code is part of downloadable code. Please take a look for anacomp!
Here you see a tcl script running simulavrxx.

> Also, I'm not so much interested in producing a pretty picture
> as I am in debugging the code that produces that picture,
> e.g. figuring out what causes that occasional flash
> of red in an animation that is entirely blue and green.

?? If you not! want to see anything from the circuit, you have no need to
simulate it, if only outputs are required. So why you ask?

> Single-stepping won't cut it.
> I might need to simulate several cpu-seconds
> (9,600+ changes per seccond) before the simulated
> hardware detects the error and hollers stop.

No problem to simulate years of running if your hard disk is able to collect
the trace files :-)

> Also, can I make Net or other connections
> to the general purpose registers?
?? Connects are for physical pins with a logic level on them. What kind of
circuit should be connected to what kind of register?? Do you mean the CPU
Registers R0..R31? You have all outputs in the tracefile and it should be no
problem to have same also in any kind of debug output, if you modify the
avrcore.cpp file.

Hope that helps!
 Klaus