Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx - state of affairs
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 08:51:03 +0100

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> Joerg Wunsch and I are admins/developers of many of the open source
> AVR projects: avr-libc, avrdude, avarice, avr-gcc-list and avr-chat
> mailing lists, WinAVR, FreeBSD AVR toolchain port, etc.

> I believe both of us would be willing to take over ownership.

I've already got a lot of rights in the simulavr project group, it's
just that I'm not an admin.  However, my contribution there was/is
restricted to keep the old simulavr running enough so the most blatant
bugs are eventually fixed.

As I already wrote, I can't even convince simulavrxx to a full build
on my FreeBSD, so quite some amount of work would be needed to get its
build infrastructure up to the level other opensource projects are.  I
don't have the time for that myself (if I had more time available, I'd
probably rather fill the void in AVR-GDB first Ted once left).

So IMHO it will take at least one (further) active contributor to
regularly maintain the code base, including committing everything to
CVS.