outstanding patches was Re: [Simulavr-devel] "Component Version" fields

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: outstanding patches was Re: [Simulavr-devel] "Component Version" fields added in trackers
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:36:34 -0500

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
Knut Schwichtenberg asked me whether it would be possible to add an
indication to each tracker item (bugs, patches, support requests)
whether it is related to the old simulavr code base, or to the new
simulavrxx one.  After looking at the possible options, I decided the
pre-configured item "Component Version" would be good enough to use,
so I added it to all three trackers, and made it mandatory.  I
modified all open requests, and categorized them -- you've seen all
the mail traffic about it.

Thanks for doing this.  Knut had the right idea.  They needed
to be marked.

Do we need to do some patch triage?   I see a couple I feel
comfortable reviewing but that leaves a number outstanding.

+ [bug #25875] Example stdiodemo not working
+ [Simulavr-devel] [patch #6776] No segfault on access to not implemented I/O registers

My working tree also has Michael Moran's patches in it but I
don't know how people feel about me merging them at this point.
I got it all merged and properly autoconf'ed. :)

It is a large patch and it looked to me that he was missing a bit
of the patch that added command line options for the SPI.
But it would be easier for him to complete the patch if 95+% was
merged already.  It builds find and doesn't break anything that
I can tell from the standard examples and tests.  If it does break
something, then we need more tests. :)

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985