Re: outstanding patches was Re: [Simulavr-devel] "Component Version" fie

From: Michael N. Moran
Subject: Re: outstanding patches was Re: [Simulavr-devel] "Component Version" fields added in trackers
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:49:35 -0400

Joel Sherrill wrote:
My working tree also has Michael Moran's patches in it but I don't know how people feel about me merging them at this point. I got it all merged and properly autoconf'ed. :)

No way! :)
Thanks Joel.

It is a large patch and it looked to me that he was missing a bit of the patch that added command line options for the SPI.

It's been a long time since I looked at the code.
What kind of command line options would you expect?

But it would be easier for him to complete the patch if 95+% was merged already.

So true.

It builds find and doesn't break anything that I can tell
 from the standard examples and tests.

That's good news, but in spite of the size of the
changes, they were fairly isolated and straight
forward, so I don't expect they would have a
negative impact. As for existing tests, since
I was just adding new features I wouldn't expect
them to be impacted.

Did you integrate my example code as well?

If it does break something, then we need more tests. :)

Indeed. I used this code extensively to verify code
before we had a target in a previous life. The code
tested worked unmodified in the target. I didn't
exhaustively test all modes of operation, but the
framework is there.

I'll try to find some time to test it once you've
merged it into CVS.

Thanks for taking the lead Joel,
mike

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1