[Simulavr-devel] Tcl implementation of main()

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Tcl implementation of main()
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:15:36 -0500

Hi,

I have filed a "Patch" to get some feedback on
my new file "simulavr.tcl".  It is within
a couple of command line nits of compatibility
with main.cpp but written in Tcl so more generally
extendible by a user using the shared library.

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6793

This simulavr.tcl started as me working on
understanding how the Tcl/Swig/C++ hooked together.
Before I was done, it grew considerably.
The biggest addition is the ability to reuse the
Tcl "main" and hook in your own extensions.  My goal
is to allow you to use this and write extension procedures
that will avoid having to create check.tcl and checkdebug.tcl
scripts over and over.

Issues versus main.cpp:

 + the gdb server mode doesn't quite get started
   right.  I haven't spent much time on it yet.
 + I don't know how to implement in Tcl the
   "growing" list of Termination points.  This is
   a weakness in my command line processing skill
   in Tcl.

Comments definitely appreciated.
address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985