Re: [Simulavr-devel] Finding the installed Tcl headers, and other proble

From: Colin Coombs
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Finding the installed Tcl headers, and other problems
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 16:28:31 +0100

On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 07:19 -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Colin Coombs wrote:

> > I have one more problem: the linking stage of examples/stdiodemo fails
> > with a couple of undefined references to '__mulhi3', which I imagine is
> > part of gcc's implementation of multiplication on the AVR target. Does
> > anyone know a fix for this one? I am running an up-to-date Fedora Core 9
> > Linux system, which has the following AVR-related software installed:

> Weird I have the same package numbers with fc9 changed to fc10
> and don't see that.

OK, I replaced my avr-libc package with the fc10 version, and the
problem goes away, so it seems that the fc9 build of avr-libc was
screwed up somehow.

__mulhi3 is indeed a software multiply routine for CPUs without the
hardware multiply instruction, so the atmega128 build of libc.a
should not have tried to call it at all.