Re: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedevelomenton GIT

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedevelomenton GIT repo?
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:08:35 +0200

> If we can't get a git or subversion copy of the savannah repository,
> then the question of what VCS to use is tangled with
> the question of what code from github we want to keep.
> I want them to not be tangled.
> While I suspect git of greatness, whether we use it should
> not depend on how much we like the code on github.
That is one of the reasons why I propose git. Let our code live in a separate
branch and let us discuss the internals. Everyone has it (just by checking
out the particular branch), noone changes any mainline code yet and as soon
as a decision has been made, merge it into mainline or throw it away or
change it until it fits.

And I do not think that an additional branch with our code inside a GIT
repository will hurt anyone.

Best regards,

Onno