RE: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT repo?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:25:54 -0700

On Wed Sep 30 10:51 , "address@hidden"  sent:

>IIRC, for one who knows what he is doing,
>conversion from CVS to subversion or git is trivial.

I don't quite know what I'm doing.
The conversion tools want a local repository.
I eventually tried to get one with this command:

rsync -av cvs.sv.nongnu.org::sources/simulavr/ .

>From the files listed, I thought I'd done it right.
I tried to test it by checking out simulavrxx from it:

address@hidden sim]$ mv again cvsrep091010
address@hidden sim]$ cvs -d $PWD/cvsrep091010 co simulavrxx
cvs checkout: /home/hennebry/projects/avr/sim/cvsrep091010/CVSROOT/config:
unrecognized keyword 'UserAdminOptions'
cvs checkout: Updating simulavrxx
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/sources/simulavr: No such file
or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/sources/simulavr: No such file
or directory
address@hidden sim]$

cvsrep091010 is the dot from the rsync command.
What am I doing wrong?

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden