Re: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Discussion: how to proceed withthedeveloment on GIT repo?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:25:14 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
On Wed Sep 30 10:51 , "address@hidden"  sent:

IIRC, for one who knows what he is doing,
conversion from CVS to subversion or git is trivial.

I don't quite know what I'm doing.
The conversion tools want a local repository.
I eventually tried to get one with this command:

rsync -av cvs.sv.nongnu.org::sources/simulavr/ .

From the files listed, I thought I'd done it right.
I tried to test it by checking out simulavrxx from it:

address@hidden sim]$ mv again cvsrep091010
address@hidden sim]$ cvs -d $PWD/cvsrep091010 co simulavrxx
cvs checkout: /home/hennebry/projects/avr/sim/cvsrep091010/CVSROOT/config:
unrecognized keyword 'UserAdminOptions'
cvs checkout: Updating simulavrxx
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/sources/simulavr: No such file
or directory
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/sources/simulavr: No such file
or directory
address@hidden sim]$

cvsrep091010 is the dot from the rsync command.
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.  The CVS configuration is set up for savannah and
needs a bit of tweaking to check out locally after a mirror.

I commented this line out in CVSROOT/config

LockDir=/var/lock/cvs/sources/simulavr

Savannah's CVS must have some features my Fedora 10 CVS
does not.  I got warnings for two other option variables and
commented them out:
#UserAdminOptions=..
#UseNewInfoFmtStrings=...

I don't particular care which version control system is used as
long as forward progress is being made.  I have swamped by a
non-AVR project and really haven't had time to wade in.

--joel

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985