Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulation of the interactive, UART using firmware

From: wzab
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulation of the interactive, UART using firmware with pysimulavr
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2010 22:50:54 +0100

At 07.11.2010 14:57, ThomasK wrote:

serialtx and serialrx are the counterpart to uart modul in simulator. I have made this completely in python as I tried to run amforth on simulator. If you like, then I can look for the code and send some parts to you as example, how to do that without serialtx and serialrx. I think, this would be too a example, how to connect some external stuff to simulation with pysimulavr.

Hi Thomas,
Yes, if you could send some info and/or sample code showing how to connect external modules do pysimulavr it would wonderful ;-).
I'm glad to hear that python version of simulator is going to be developed.

I love to use python for hardware simulations and debugging
(just three examples of my hardware related applications of python:
http://www.ise.pw.edu.pl/~wzab/fpgadbg/
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sources/msg/88253dc19747bf28
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sources/msg/66d38a7999b515dd )

I hope, that using pysimulavr I will be able to cosimulate AVRs with FPGA
(using GHDL and code published in the second of the above links).

--
Thanks a lot,
Wojtek