Re: [Simulavr-devel] Adding ATmega1281

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Adding ATmega1281
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:19:54 +0100

On 31 January 2012 11:21, Marius Monton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm adding ATmega1281 to simulavr. Currently I've mapped I/O pins and
> instantiate some of the perihperals, but I have some doubts about Timers
> and how to connect them. There's some documentation available about that?
> I'm open to send to the list or to main developer my code to be added to
> the main project if it is good enough :)

I guess ATmega1281 will be similar to ATmega128. Application note
AVR097 says: "ATmega128 and ATmega1281/2561 are designed to be a pin
and functionality compatible sub family.". The appnote also says that
TIMSK register changed for timers 1 and 3 and that timers 0 and 2 are
completely swapped (I guess those guys at Atmel were smoking pot at
the time), see Timers chapter. There is no documentation on how to add
a device support in general or how to add timer support in particular.

I did tinker around peripheral creation before, I think I can add
timers to a device.

Either send the files to the list or create a new entry in savannah
patch tracker. I suppose you did not need to patch other files.

--
Petr Hluzin