[Simulavr-devel] register trace not longer available?

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] register trace not longer available?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:13:51 +0200

Hi all,

after I found that serialrx/serialtx is not longer working, I tried out to
trace the execution of a file. I see, that there is no memory tracing anymore.

Why this feature is removed?

Older versions prints e.g. for registers:

LD R31, Y+ Z=0x1234

Actually no memory access is traceable.

Is someone else interested to get the old features back? If so, I would restart
my project from my old sources and try to integrate the new devices and keep
the old features.

Maybe we could split up to variants of simulator and try to create equal
interfaces.

But the actual version of simulavr is useless for me, because it only could
operate with gdb, but multiple core debugging with tracing is also broken. :-(

I am very interested in your opinion.

Thanks
 Klaus