Re: [Simulavr-devel] register trace not longer available?

From: Lars Immisch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] register trace not longer available?
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:44:39 +0200

Hi,

> after I found that serialrx/serialtx is not longer working, I tried out to
> trace the execution of a file. I see, that there is no memory tracing
> anymore.
>
> Why this feature is removed?
>
> Older versions prints e.g. for registers:
>
> LD R31, Y+ Z=0x1234
>
> Actually no memory access is traceable.
>
> Is someone else interested to get the old features back? If so, I would
> restart my project from my old sources and try to integrate the new devices
> and keep the old features.

I'd be interested. I'm starting to use simulavr for regression testing via
python.

I have a few patches open on the tracker that make it possible to run multiple
simulations within one process, and also one that allows to implement
HasPinNotify in Python.

A small bit of code that uses this is here: If you are interested, see here:
https://github.com/larsimmisch/arduino--/tree/master/test/simulation

> Maybe we could split up to variants of simulator and try to create equal
> interfaces.
>
> But the actual version of simulavr is useless for me, because it only could
> operate with gdb, but multiple core debugging with tracing is also broken. :-(

I noticed that the multicore regression tests are broken. I'd like that feature.

Lars Immisch