[Simulavr-devel] Missing information in trace files

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Missing information in trace files
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:22:19 +0100

Hi all,

the "old" version of simulavr reports a complete set of information on
every executed instruction like:

2000 a.out 0x0026: __do_copy_data        ldi R17, 0x00 R 17=0x00
2250 a.out 0x0028: __do_copy_data+0x01   ldi R26, 0x60 R 26=0x60 X=0x0060

( copied from simulavr documentation)

The actual tracer lost a lot of information, especially:

the time, which is important if clock settings are different for the
traced cores.

All information about data handled in the instructions are lost. That
makes the trace a bit useless for me.

Is the code totally dropped or is there any back door which can be reopened?

If there is no other chance I would write the tracing output from
scratch again. But this is a very senseless job to do the things twice.
So I would ask you that the tracing facility with my feature wishes have
a chance to survive in the future. If not, I would work for that on a
new branch.

Regards
 Klaus